Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
different flooring in bedrooms?

Posted by drcindy (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 20, 11 at 16:03

Do you think it would look funny/bad to have different flooring in the bedrooms? I have 3 bedrooms upstairs. 2 1/2 years ago, I replaced/upgraded the carpet in the master bedroom and hallway only. (It's just me and hubby.) The other 2 bedrooms have the original 1998 builder's grade carpet in them. Although they're not in horrible condition, they look pretty shabby with no pile compared to the new plush carpet. One of the bedrooms is set up as a guest BD with a twin bed and dresser. The other one is used by me very regularly as an exercise room. There's no exercise equipment in it, as I do aerobics and stuff with DVD's. That same room is used 3-4 times a year as a guest bedroom for my in-laws. We bring out a blow up bed for them.

I just went to a home show yesteday and love the idea of cork flooring in my exercise room. It's resilient, anti-bacterial, etc. I know that if I put carpet in there, it would easily wear down with my constant aerobic activity. Would that look funny to do cork in the 2 bedrooms? A vendor suggested just doing cork in my exercise room, but I thought that may look worse with just one bedroom in a different flooring. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: different flooring in bedrooms?

I think it would look fine to have cork just in the exercise bedroom. If it were me, I'd probably continue the new carpeting from the hallway into the other bedroom or else get the same carpeting in a contrasting color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here