Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Slate Tile Size of Subway Tiles?

Posted by chris11895 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 12, 11 at 15:08

Hi All,
I have searched around and can't seem to find what I'm looking for :-) I was wondering if anyone has seen subway or brick size tiles of a dark gray slate? I'd like to do a herringbone pattern in a mudroom and I know I once saw a picture of this but can't find the picture anywhere! I also can't seem to find any examples on-line. If anyone has any pictures or links to this, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Slate Tile Size of Subway Tiles?

Chris

I have posted this many times on other GW forums - DalTile Brazilian slate - Porcelain tile - in Hopscotch pattern - This stuff is bullet proof & always looks nice
reasonably priced and without the inherent issues slate typically has

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

where was that tile purchased?

o

jz
I purchased it at a local tile shop in Ct -
It is Daltile - If you can't find it I'm sure you could order it -

o

I have some quartzite tile that I want to use in my powder room. I'm going to have it cut into rectangles so I can do a running bond pattern.

o

jejvtr -thank you!! That looks beautiful!!

o

Good luck Chris

I can't say enough good things about this product - Price, quality, durability, - Our GW Tile guru Bill Vincent recommended it -
5yrs & still looks like they day it was installed in a very heavy use area

o

jejvtr - I linked to this post in another thread and someone has asked if the tile gets slippery at all? I thought maybe you could chime in on that either here or over in the other thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Other thread

o

Chris
No it does not get slippery - Gets plenty wet as this is our lil mud area at back door

o

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here