Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spacing for porcelain wood tiles?

Posted by PAINTEDPEGGIES (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 14:32

We just ordered today, they are 6 x 24. I want them close together. Is 1/8 enough or should I do 1/16? Thanks!
PS: they are rectified

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spacing for porcelain wood tiles?

Mine were a different shape but I used 1/16 and a dark grout to match. I loved it!

o

Hi, we are using the same size wood tile on our whole first floor. It is the Florida Tile Berkshire in Olive color. We did NOT need spacers. And they are close together. Thank god because using spacers would have made it go alot slower. Here is a picture. We have about 4 more days left to complete the floors.

o

Not related to the original question but, I'm curious about the use of porcelain tile in a living area. Won't footfalls sound high and treble-y, and feel extremely hard and cold? I love how they are making beautiful porcelain "wood" tile now, saw some nice ones at Porcelanosa but I always assumed they'd be used on walls or in bathrooms mostly...

o

duchamp - I will have to let you know how it is once we actually move it. But right now the tile doesn't feel cool to the touch and we live in CT and it's about 20-30 degrees outside and the house is being heated only by a gas heater in the basement.

o

Ok, thanks TFCwifey. Definitely update me. BTW, ! I live in CT too!

o

me too!

o

The floors are finally done and they came out awesome!! Just need to do one more cleaning and then the cabinets can be installed on Monday. Here is a picture I took today.

o

Thanks for your pics...the floor looks great!! We are putting ours in a much smaller space, the hall/kids' bathroom. Install is tomorrow, and our tile guy also said for a floor spacers aren't necessary. I will post a pic when we are done!

o

I'm thinking of putting these in the foyer! Heading to Porcelanosa later to see if they have something nice on sale...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here