Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mohawk Smartstrand vs Smartstrand Silk

Posted by dekeoboe (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 14:18

I want to go with the Mohawk Smartstrand. I found a carpet I am interested in, Serenity or Contentment (same carpet different weight), but it is the Smartstrand Silk. I cannot figure out how to find a similar carpet in the plain Smartstrand line. The Mohawk customer service line is not helpful. And their website it terrible to navigate. I tried searching by color (Flaxen) but that didn't get me anywhere either.

I have been to my two local stores, one of which is where I found the Serenity/Contentment, but neither of them have a similar carpet in the Smartstrand line. Basically, I am looking for a multi-color (beiges) cut pile carpet. Any suggestions? I can try other stores, but they are all at least 45 minutes away and there is no guarantee they have what I am looking for. If I had a couple of names of lines to look at, I could try calling to see if they have them or getting one of the local stores to order me samples.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mohawk Smartstrand vs Smartstrand Silk

FYI, SmartStrand Silk is a premium soft carpet. SmartStrand carpet will not be AS soft as SmartStrand Silk carpet, but is still incredibly soft. Just a disclaimer lol

Serenity and Contentment are similar base, difference is that one has a heavier spec weight. I would try looking up fleck carpets like Longboat Key, Appalachian Trail &or Roswell Station, I think they will be similar to what you're looking for. Worth a shot!

This post was edited by DIYguy_FL on Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 12:51

o
RE: Mohawk Smartstrand vs Smartstrand Silk

Thanks for the suggestions. Appalachian Trail may work. The other two appear to be friezes, which are too long for me. That seems to be what I am running into, the fleck carpets are mainly friezes and it is difficult to find the ones that aren't friezes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here