Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Porcelain Wood Flooring

Posted by GoneToMaui (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 13:38

I'm trying to select porcelain wood flooring. Looking for the most realistic and highest quality manufactures. Suggestions and/or pics?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Porcelain Wood Flooring

Go to a couple of good tile stores to look in person. Only you know what you'll like best. Aside appearance, sight down the length of the tile...good one's are straight and flat. If the tile is "cupped," installation is difficult and you'll probably have lippage issues.

As an adjunct, I saw some very good quality product recently at Lowes (?)

o

Looking for high quality, color-through product. Have in hand many samples, and been to about 6 tile stores after many hours searching internet sites now. Problem is all tiles I see look immediately less colorless than real wood and not realistic. Willing to pay for premium product. Are there any realistic wood porcelain products out there?

Searched this forum and found only 1 thread that seems to point in a good direction. Haven't seen samples yet but may have to order.

Thanks!

o

Most stuff looks a lot different 5 feet and horizontal from your eyes than it does 6" up close and vertical looking for "fake".

Also be sure your floor is rigid enough to be able to use these really long tiles. If you have any flex at all, they'll crack. If you are on a crawlspace, use the joist size, spacing, and length to calculate the deflection to see if you have to stiffen your floor before installing. Just enter your values into the John Bridge
Deflectolator and it will tell you if your floor is stiff enough. Unfortunately, I can't link to the site directly but if you go to John Bridge dotcom with the following suffix it will take you there. /vbulletin/deflecto.pl

o

I was looking into porcelain wood flooring as well. I have since just decided to go with engineered wood cause the great looking porcelain wood cost more!
Check out Porcelanosa Wood Tec. It runs about $12 psqft for material only. Wood floors go for less then that! Keep me updated with your search, I may revert to it!

Here is a link that might be useful: woodtec

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here