Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rtv2011

costco bamboo flooring

rtv2011
10 years ago

Any new posts on the golden arowana strand bamboo flooring. Has anyone experienced this product over time?

Comments (5)

• fmayberry
    10 years ago

I have had this flooring down in my basement for over a year now. The floor has held up very well and I am pleased with the performance of the product for it's price point. The floor is only 3/8" thick so proper installation is critical. A key element is the subfloor needs to be a flat as possible. It does not have to be level, just flat within the specified tolerances. After installation the floor made no noise when walk on but now that it has gone through multiple seasons there are occasional squeaks when stepping on certain areas the first time each day. But after that first squeak it makes no noise for the rest of the day. The floor does shrink and expand as it is a natural product so follow the installation directions closely regarding spacing at the edges. We have a small 12 pound dog and the floor finish has held up well to the dog playing on the floor. The floor has a matte finish so it hides scratches better than a high gloss finish would. When purchasing the floor try to get boxes with the same lot numbers (on the end of the box). There can be very slight differences in the gloss level between lots so pull from multiple boxes when installing to blend this out. The staff at Wellmade who makes the product for Costco were very helpful in answering all my questions and delivered trim pieces that I purchased to finish the installation in a timely manner. Wellmade does have a website that provides additional information about the product given the information available at the Costco store is limited to what is printed on the box.

• Ilene Perl
    10 years ago

I have the this floor in my kitchen for two years. I have no complaints, the floor looks as good as when it was installed, my daughter is buying an a co op apartment she plans on putting same bamboo stand down vs sanding wood floor under carpeting.

• rtv2011
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Ilene-84! I have about 2000 sq foot of this floor going down in new construction and appreciate your input! Any other tips?

Here is a link that might be useful: That home site!

• snowbean
    10 years ago

does anyone have experience with strand bamboo or fossilized bamboo or ecofusion strandbamboo or hardwood bamboo ? they withstood my key scratch attempts and I'd like to know if anyone has pictures of it in their living room or kitchen ? thanks

• Ilene Perl
    10 years ago

Make sure you acclimate the floor before installing, I kept mine n the house for a week. I did have some planks I didn't like the color of, at that price I bought extra, and used only the planks I liked. I'm sure Costco would have given me back money if I brought them back, but I didn't. Did you buy floor from wear house? I did and had my own installer, who installed as a floating floor.