Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snetram_gw

dansk engineered hickory

snetram
11 years ago

Hello,
I am thinking of installing Dansk Jamaican series hickory engineered hardwood flooring. I am wondering if anyone has used this product. It is a click together product. Does click together work as well as a nailed down floor? Also if anyone has pictures of their floor I would love to see them.
Thanks.

Comments (6)

• gamountains
    11 years ago

Not familiar, but one thing I always try to make people realize is you may not know about what you're getting. Particularly hardwoods with short lengths. But then if budget is an issue my point is mute.

I've always been skeptical of the actual hardwood types with many of these Asian knockoffs. Is it really Hickory? Or the hickory most of us are familiar with here in the states? By no means am I implying it isn't but...but it's a guessing game nowadays in large part.

Anyway..best wishes

• inko123
    10 years ago

I think it's a good product.

We ordered the Dansk Cacao Hickory (engineered) and it was a noticeably darker stain than the sample when they started install yesterday. I know they allow for a certain amount of variation in the industry, but I assumed that is more for the variation in grain, not stain. I am haulting the install and we are waiting to have reps come see the problem before we can know if they will take the loss or if we will. If they will replace the product, I'll go lighter like the Light Truffle.
    But like I say, the product itself is great, and I know a lot of people that would love this dark stain, just not my thing. The installer said he has installed a lot of the engineered dansk flooring, and ours was being both glued and nailed down, which they recommended. It can also be floated as far as I know, so it's versatile. Ours was the grand prairie collection. The Jamaican collection looks like it might be a thicker wear layer, which is nice!

I haven't found any pictures of their product installed either so hopefully someone out there has, and can post...

:)

• inko123
    10 years ago

We ended up picking the Scottsdale rich suede and we love it!!! It was double back-ordered but worth the wait. I can post a pic if you're interested.

• bertha_2007
    10 years ago

We'd love to see a photo of your floors!

• Karma44
    10 years ago

I am also looking at the Dansk Jamaican Hickory - Did you end up installing it? Are you happy with it? I would love to see photos and compare pricing with the quote that we received.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area