Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lump line at seam in carpet due to pile??

Posted by lisadlu (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 10:03

We had carpet installed last August that is a low pile loop style. After installation there was a slight lump along where they seamed it (couldn't really see seam, just the lump). They said it would lay flat after we lived on it for a while. It never did and they came out a month ago to re-stretch the lump line but that made it worse (they used low tape and worked on it for 3 hours but it didn't help and actually made the lump more pronounced). They ordered new carpet but when the crew came to install yesterday he said I would have the same lump problem because of the low pile and loop of carpet. Is this correct? It's hard to imagine you can't seam this type of carpet without a lump. I can understand seeing a slight seam line but why the lump? I do not want a higher pile or cut pile carpet. My room is 15 x 21 and this carpet only comes in 12' roles.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lump line at seam in carpet due to pile??

I've had the same low pile and loop put in twice due to flood. First time carpet was installed all the seams were invisible. After flood the exact same type of carpet was installed by different installers and you could see every seem and tape line underneath. They went away a bit within the year after install, but you could still plainly see them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here