Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joey232

Laminate Floor

joey232
10 years ago

Hi, hope I can get some good advice �. I recently had laminate floor fitted to my living room over two months ago. It was a good job at first, smooth to walk on, looked great. Now, it still looks great but feels uncomfortable to walk on. Now, if you slide across (as the kids do), you can feel rough edges in a lot of places where the pieces join. In some instances, you can even push down on the edges and the floor goes smooth again.

I did call out the installation guys who looked at it but thats all. Didn't get down on the floor - to them, it wasn't coming up like a drawbridge so to speak, i.e noticeable so they left saying if that happens call them back.

Having never had laminate floor, I don't know what is acceptable after the fit. Everyone I know has smooth floor that when you slide your feet you can't feel anything yet all I can feel is raised edges.

I dont to appear grumbly but at the same time paid good money and wanted a smooth floor which doesent irritate me every time I walk on it and feel the rough edge under my feet. Of course, walking in shoes I can't feel only socks/bare feet.

Comment (1)