Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experts! What kind of floor is this and is it expensive? Thanks!

Posted by moderncalm (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 11 at 6:18

I was going to do a light maple laminate, but I walked into this one furniture galleria and fell in love with this floor:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

All the furniture looked really good with this floor. I like that ultra modern, minimalist look.

I currently have yucky old carpet, and underneath is concrete, of course. I was wondering if this look is way too expensive to try? Should I stick to laminate instead?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experts! What kind of floor is this and is it expensive? Than

Could be almost anything from stained concrete to genuine linoleum. You can get that minimalist look with almost any resilient material, even laminate flooring.

Genuine linoleum in sheets would probably be your most expensive option. VCT (vinyl composition tile) and laminate flooring would cost less. Right in the middle would be the "new" fiber floor sheet vinyl materials from Tarkett, Armstrong and others.

Then, of course, and good floor deck paint skillfully applied might be your least expensive option in material cost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here