Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cost reasonable for carpet and installation?

Posted by katrina_ellen (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 4:14

I just got a quote from a local flooring company for Shaw evertouch carpeting, it is from the Queen line, and is a high and low loop style called "Natural Beauty", it has the look of a natural fiber rug. The quote includes everything-taking out the old carpet and moving the furniture. The quote is 6.86 total per square foot. Anyone familiar with this carpet that can tell me if this is reasonable? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cost reasonable for carpet and installation?

Its ok. seems around .75 a foot higher than my area, but it depends on a lot of factors as you know.

o

pricepal,
What other factors would be part of the cost? They are quoting an 8lb. pad, the space is small, approximately 208 sq/ft and its for a room and a hallway. This is from a store that has been around since 1960 and family run. I know the carpet I choose is a little higher in price, not sure what they are charging for that a ft., but the padding is .39 a foot. I think the carpet is a little under $4. a foot.

o

Ah, I should of read closer. We moved our own furniture and ripped out our own carpeting, so thats part of the difference.

In reality the labor cost is the great unknown. It varies wildly from region to region, and dealer to dealer and sometimes you DO NOT get what you pay for.

I would buy from a family owned store also. They have a vested interest in whats going on and IMHO actually take pride in whats going on.

This is one of those purchases where cost should not be the first consideration.

o

63 bucks a yard seems pricey to me. Queen is a step down from tuftex and tuftex highest products are about that. So I believe the store is not being shy. But it is a small room.

o

I thought the size of the room was probably a factor in the price. Thanks floortech.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here