Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tufseal problems, help

Posted by Seng0596 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 12 at 2:23

After TUFSEAl was applied on my pebble wash flooring, what look like "leprosy" patches (ie powdery white patches)set in, over the entire floor.

I also notice patchy shine on the surface of the flooring. The rest of the surface appears dull and untreated. Why?

Other questions:

How do I strip off the TUFSEAL? With what products?

After that, what sealer should I use?

Seriously, is TUFSEAL the correct product to use to seal this pebble wash flooring? I read that Du Pont High Gloss Stone Sealer and Enhancer is thing to use.

By the way, my pebble wash flooring is very porous. So, how many coats of sealer do I need? How do I know when it is sufficiently sealed? What is the test?

Help. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tufseal problems, help

I'm not understanding your terminology here. What do you mean by "pebble wash flooring"? Is this an interior application or an exterior one? Are you talking about exposed aggregate concrete? Or pebble tiles that are applied with thinset and grout? Do you have pictures?

There's also about a dozen products that call themself Tufseal, so you are going to have to be more specific as to which one you used as well as the preparation of the floor before the product was applied. Most often with a coating failure, it's the incorrect preparation that is the culprit, but knowing which product was used will help to identify what specific site prep the manufacturer requires as well as if the product was used off label or not.

o
RE: tufseal problems, help

Efflorescence, is wicking from the wet cement.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here