Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tarkett Fiberfloor

Posted by sheryllb (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 27, 09 at 0:22

I have a Fiberfloor that was laid withouth adhesives. Every year in one area of the floor a wrinkle appears. I have the floor guys out. They take it back and relay it for about $75, then its good for another year or so. I'm guessing the wrinkle appears because of changes in humidity or something. I would like to find a way to fix myself, preferably without adhesive. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tarkett Fiberfloor

It is a common problem with fiberfloors. It actually sticks to your floor and when your floor moves because of climate....a wrinkle appears. Fiber floors are beginning to fade as Congo is introducing airstep plus, a no wrinkle guarantee floor that can be looselaid and warranted not to buckle due to a new style backing. Congo makes backing for many manufactureres so many will begin transitioning to it. Make sure that your vinyl is clear from the entire perimeter by 1/8 inch or more. I am sure that you are not installed over a new subfloor. if it was I would say just patch the floor and glue it down. That would surely eliminate problem. Must use the correct adhesive for it or you will have major troubles. You are going to hear how great fiberfloor is with responses here, but my company has always shyed away from it due to massive complaints and most are not installer related. Your pronblem is the nature of the beast in some instances. Maybe someone will have an idea here that will allow your vinyl to slide over the movement in your floor during climate changes . Good luck.

o

More about Congo airstep plus please. Tried to google it but this thread was the only listing. Thanks.

o

It will be available from Congoleum in about a month. They have shown it at Surfaces conention. I was informed of it in December. Normal launch on these products is around Late April Early May. Congoleum currently offers AirStep, which is similar to what you have. They are Replacing it with Airstep Plus.

o

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here