Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used Peacock Pavers inside?

Posted by Megan2525 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 23:45

We are getting new flooring in our kitchen, dining room, 1/2 bath, and pantry (all one area). Right now we have unsealed slate. It's 21 years old, and it's so hard to keep clean! It's so dark now b/c it just absorbs all dirt. It is the highest traffic area in our home so whatever we put down has to be easy to clean.

Our decorator suggested Peacock Pavers. I absolutely love the look, but I'm worried about keeping them clean. I called the company, and the lady told me that the actual paver is not supposed to be grouted so the holes remain. She said the sealer absorbs in the paver so it keeps its rough appearance; it's not smooth like my sealed travertine. I have a hard time understanding how all these beautiful kitchens use them and keep them clean with holes in them and a concrete like texture!

I would love any feedback anyone has! If you have a better suggestion, I am up for that as well. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used Peacock Pavers inside?

I had similar flooring in Mexico, and have seen it in AZ and NM. If you think slate is hard to keep clean, those pavers will take grime collection to new heights.

It is porous, and the sealant does not fill the pores, so they will collect crud you can't remove.

If easy to clean is a priority, look at the porcelain floor tiles that only LOOK like Mexican tiles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here