Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
willintotry

Has anyone purchased from value floors direct?

willintotry
9 years ago

Has anyone purchased flooring from value floors direct?
I want to tile my dining room with the same tile that is in my kitchen. I purchased that tile locally 4 years ago, but now can only find it available on-line. I am apprehensive about buying from a company I know nothing about, and would appreciate any advice from anyone who may have experience with this on-line vendor. The specific tile I am purchasing is nu travertine silver manufactured by Ceramica Fioranese. Thanks for any help.

Comments (11)

• Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 4b
    9 years ago

I don't have any experience to give you but since I'm looking for old fashioned looking carpet I have come to a conclusion. I THINK the on line stores such as floors direct probably carry the discontinued stuff. You probably won't be able to find it anywhere else. I'm waffling on ordering carpet on line. A LOT of money to me.

• kerick
    9 years ago

Iwillintotry - I am looking at the same tile (nu travertine silver) for my entry/hallway and cannot find it anywhere locally. DId you end up purchasing online? Did you use the matte or polished?

• gregmills_gw
    9 years ago

when you say you cant find it locally? are you saying you've gone to the big box stores and the multi-floor surface shops? anywhere else?

Have you contacted a tile pro? generally speaking, and I can speak to truth about hardwood, but pro's generally have a large contact list of places where they can find material, stuff that the public never knows about.

I would try that if you haven't already, online purchases are always toss up since you cant physically inspect the product before delivery, not to mention transit can effect the condition too.

• kerick
    9 years ago

I'm in Tallahassee,FL --in addition to HD and Lowes, we have 3 dedicated tile stores: Sellers Tile, Acme Tile and Florida tile - also checked the 3 flooring stores as well - none carry Ceramica Fioranese.

• sherry0117
    9 years ago

Have you made a decision yet? I am looking for the same tile in Walnut and was looking at the same website. Curious what you decide to do. Our home is new construction and I am starting to run out of time to make a decision.

• kerick
    8 years ago

sherry0117 - I am still stuck. How about you? Got sample but they are so small that I am not sure if I should go ahead and order more or just give up and buy local

• sherry0117
    8 years ago

I have finally decided to go with a porcelain tile. I have given up on travertine. Some I like and some I didn't. I hope I love my decision and won't regret not getting travertine.

• kerick
    8 years ago

willintotry - Called Specilty Tile today and they are sending me a sample of the Nu Trav in walnut matte. They were VERY helpful and if it works out I will buy from them. I like the silver matte too but I was a afraid it had too much grey. How would you describe your sliver matte? Do you mind posting a photo? Most of the photos I've seen are hard to tell what the tile really looks like.

• willintotry
    Original Author
    8 years ago

When I first saw the tile on-line, I thought that I would like the walnut best, but when I actually saw them all at the same time at the store, I fell in love with the silver. This tile comes in 3 colors…cream, silver and walnut. In person, the walnut was too dark for me, the cream too light. The silver has all 3 colors in it, and as you can see, while it has grey elements, the overall effect is more a combination of a 3 colors. My kitchen cabinets are natural walnut, and the wood looks great with the tile. Hope the pics help you.

• kerick
    8 years ago

Oh no! You've added to my dilemma with your beautiful floor. Now I can't decide between the walnut and silver... I really like them both. (Sigh) I was thinking the walnut might be a bit dark too but my husband really likes it. I will show him your photos. Thank you so much for posting.