Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know anything about Ark Flooring?

Posted by mr_nim (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 30, 10 at 22:35

I'm thinking about buying a bunch of it. Originally we were going with a dark red cherry made by Columbia but we are nervous about the softness and light sensitivity of cherry. Now we found a similar color by Ark that is in Maple but it is significantly cheaper (columbia is 12$ while Ark is 7.25$) and I can't seem to find any reviews on Ark.

Anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know anything about Ark Flooring?

Oh, to clarify, I'm looking at solid hardwood. Any thoughts on Ark's quality?

o

Man, NO ONE has used Ark flooring, eh? That makes me nervous.

o

Read their web site. They private label products from various companies from around the world. Dark and maple? likely a Chinese product.

o

We installed Ark flooring in January. It was engineered since we have a concrete slab. The wood was Curupay (or Patagonian Rosewood) from Brazil. Obviouxly I can't testify to the quality over time but we are impressed so far. The floor is beautiful. It has a big color variation from blonde to dark brown but more of a blended (not busy) look. We are very happy with it.

o

I was interested in an Ark floor until I realized it was made in China, and the one I was looking at also used wood from China. Still trying to stay away from all China made building products so I passed. The very honest flooring rep I was dealing with shook his head when I went near that line, so I also took that as a sign to steer clear.

o

Ark sells their factory seconds, and defective products to Urban Floor, Los Angeles, CA area, who repacks it into Urban Floor cartons and sells it as #1 grade flooring. Urban Floor is what you should definitely avoid.

o

Urban Floor has not and never will purchase seconds from any company. We import our own products, and do not buy any other suppliers products and repackage, as claimed above.

We strive in making sure that all our products go through an extensive Quality Control Process.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here