Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mdc08

My stained concrete floors...Pictures!

mdc08
15 years ago

We have been waiting for so long to see our stained concrete. Here are some pics! Enjoy :)

Keeping room off kitchen:

great room:

study:

master bdroom

Comments (10)

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

mdc08, Thanks for sharing since I have a friend who was interesting in staining her cement floors so I shared the link to this site with her.

I love your paint colors especially the colors on the walls in your first picture and your last two pictures. Do you remember what brand of paint and color you used? The last two pictures is your Master Bedroom and I can't wait to see an updated picture with your furniture in this room that has the prettiest paint color.

Is the floor cold? Is it slippery? Is it sealed and then painted so now it is stain proof? What paint sealer and paint brand and color stain did you use?

• mdc08
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lynn: thanks for the sweet post! :)

Stain color is cola, not sure of the brand (we hired it out). He stained twice, cleaned, sealed and put on 2 coats of wax, he will buff them right before we move in. The floor is not cold and not at all slippery. Our stain guy told us it the was prettiest one he has ever done! I think it looks great because of the tortoise shell look to it.

The paint in the first room is the kitchen: Benjamin Moore Dry Sage. Love it!!!
    My favorite color is also the one in the master bedroom: Benjamin Moore: Misted Green

Let me know how your friends floors turn out!

• TxMarti
    15 years ago

Really pretty, I like that acid wash look it has. And I agree about the sage paint, it looks so warm together.

• texasfloor
    15 years ago

That's really pretty--I love it. I stained almost all the floors on our first floor and they are pretty much maintenance-free. They can get a little cold in the winter (I'm in Dallas) but it's not a big deal because we don't get much winter here. In the summer, they feel awesome underfoot. People are always taking off their shoes to feel the floor.

• mdc08
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Texasfloor: How do you maintain your floors? We have 2 coats of wax, but have not had them buffed yet. Do you buff your waxed floors? Love to see your pictures too! What color did you use?

• rtester
    15 years ago

BEAUTIFUL FLOORS - LUV THEM! Do you mind sharing the price per ft? We are interested in doing this in our basement - Thanks so much!

• odd_i_o
    15 years ago

Your floor looks beautiful!

Why did you choose concrete for the main floor? But don't hard to stand on? Concrete doesn't have much give to them.

• mdc08
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rtester: THanks for the post! :) We paid $2.00 psf. You could do it yourself for so much less, but we did not have the time. We could have done it all for about $500.00 we were told. Let me know what you decide. WE still have to buff them, so the shine will be much deeper, but we wanted to wait until all contractors are finished. I will post those later too.

Odd: Thanks! We choose stain for several reasons. 1) allergies. My son has asthma. 2: cost 3) easy of cleaning 4) easier to change to wood, tile, etc. later. 4) quicker to do so we could get into house. 5) "new thing"- I have several friends who have done them in their new homes and it seems to be the going thing here. Plus, they are so unique to each home....depends on your concrete what design and color the stain will turn out to be.

As far as hard to stand on.... I hope to be lounging around mostly! haha! But we are putting a rubber mat at sink and next to cooktop. Hope this helps answer your questions.

• texasfloor
    15 years ago

I didn't wax or buff my floors. I use a sealer and some stuff that looks kinda like Minwax maybe every six months, whenever I think about it. I've used colors from light brown to dark brown. There are a few pics on my blog, but you have to look through a few posts to find them.

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

texasfloor, Thanks for sharing your stained concrete floors! I just sent my friend the link to this post so she can see your floors also since that is what she wants to do with her concrete floors. They definitely do not look like concrete floors and look nice and easy to care for. Are they cold though? Or are they no colder than a tiled floor?