Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn5707

Adura vs laminate vs engineered hardwood????

lynn5707
14 years ago

Hi,

I just recently found this forum and love reading all the posts. My husband and I are planning on replacing the carpet and vinyl on our first floor this year. Our home is an open floor plan where it is really just one big room including kitchen, dining and living room, laundry closet, and 1/2 bath.

We have young grandsons who have trucks, blocks etc and play on floor a lot, we have 3 large dogs, 2 cats. I love the look of hardwood, but people have suggested laminate would be more durable. I have thought of tile, but really don't like the look of that for my living room and I want there to be one floor for the whole first floor to make it flow better. I just heard of Adura which sounds like that would be good, have not seen it in person. I just cannot imagine that it looks real.

Would love to get input on what others have done. I have seen the Bruce Park Avenue and thought it was beautiful, but after reading some posts here it may not be practical for our needs. Although, it is the most beautiful I think and would be willing to try it even with the high gloss.

Thanks again! I am so confused!!! The area is about 680 sq ft.

Good to get to know everyone!

Lynn

Comments (4)