Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY cork flooring install question

Posted by newkitchen2011 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 18, 11 at 18:08

We recently purchased cork flooring for our kitchen, from the Almada "New Dimensions" line, specifically the Fila Cinza finish. The cork is floating, 4" planks. My question is whether or not we should be carrying the cork all the way underneath the appliances? I have read conflicting advice on this subject. Thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY cork flooring install question

Nothing to conflict here. Expansion gap should be left around perimeter always. Under pan (a little ways so that definitely out of sight) flip down pan only in dishwasher area. Under stove and refrigerator all the way (Stove and refrig) will sit on top for sure). Never under cabinets. I will debate either way if done right as far as under an island..but has to be done correctly. Undercut casings with expansion. Remove toe kicks and reinstall or apply cove base. remove baseboard and reinstall..dont pinch or apply shoe or 1/4 round to existing baseboard..dont pinch. credit card should be able to slide under if perfect. Quarter rounds on finished sides of cabinets. End moldings up to thresholds (sliders, etc) Thats the scoop in a nutshell.No underlayment needed as cork has one built right in..the cork itself..by the way cork is the most anti microbial product Known to man. Still water will stain it..be careful with pet dishes..planters, etc. good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here