Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vinyl Plank Flooring

Posted by nowyousedum (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 17:07

Has anyone done this in their home? I would go with the wide (5") plank. My house is in the $180,000 range. That's decent in this region, not like California where it wouldn't buy much anymore. Don't want to bring down the value. But we have 9 kids and 3 adults living here and I don't want to ruin the Engineered Hardwood I was first considering. ANY advice would be appreciated! By the way, we have a pool and would be "wet" quite often.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vinyl Plank Flooring

Can't seem to remove this comment. Belongs to a different post. Also, I LOVE the beveled edges! I have tile now that has wide grout lines, so crumbs in the spaces are not a concern.

This post was edited by nowyousedum on Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 8:56

o

I did it as a temporary floor downstairs. I even got the cheapest stuff. It fools EVERYBODY. It looks much more realistic than laminate and feels less plasticky just walking on it. And it is bombproof. I highly recommend it.

o

What type of vinyl plank did you use? What color and how large of space was it? I was looking at some Allure at Home Depot. We are not handy. DId you put it in yourself? Thanks reyesuela

o

I'm also looking for vinyl plank flooring. I want the click and lock kind. I am concerned about the Allure at Home Depot. It seems to scratch easily. I ran my nail across a sample and it left a scratch.

I the last few years I think the flooring company have introduced a lot of new choices for "floating" vinyl plank flooring

Looking forward to responses!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here