Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just had Mohawk Smartstrand Installed from Lowes

Posted by jaidog (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 16:46

About four years ago, we had a Mohawk Smartstrand Frieze installed in our den. The carpet is very soft and we are very happy with it. At the time, we purchased the carpet from a local Mohawk dealer.

A few months ago, we decided to re-carpet our four bedrooms and living room. The dealer we previously used is no longer a Mohawk dealer and the style we previously purchased has been discontinued. I managed to find a style similar to our previous style at a few local dealers and Lowes. We ended up going with Lowes since the other local dealers were charging much more for the same carpet. Lowes' name for the style we selected is Pender -- it is a 47 oz. frieze.

Our carpet was installed this past weekend. The installers were prompt, professional, had 14 years of experience, and did a good job as far as I can tell. We used Mohawk's SmartCushion and are just as happy with this carpet as the one we purchased four years ago.

I spent many hours scouring posts for SmartStrand advice, and thought I would provide this feedback to help others who are in the market for carpeting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just had Mohawk Smartstrand Installed from Lowes

We are planning on putting carpet in our bedrooms and I have no idea what I want. This will be a good one to start checking out. Thanks.

o

If you like Frieze, then 'Pender' is a good choice from Lowes. If you want a more traditional cut pile, I believe Lowe's Smartstrand style is called 'Lucky Star' which has been referenced in several older posts in this forum.

o

I got the Pender type installed by Lowes last April when they had the 18 month no interest deal. I really like it and so far very pleased. I read comments on here about not using lowes but I saw the same carpet at carpet stores and it cost almost a thousand more once installed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here