Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaidog_gw

Just had Mohawk Smartstrand Installed from Lowes

jaidog
10 years ago

About four years ago, we had a Mohawk Smartstrand Frieze installed in our den. The carpet is very soft and we are very happy with it. At the time, we purchased the carpet from a local Mohawk dealer.

A few months ago, we decided to re-carpet our four bedrooms and living room. The dealer we previously used is no longer a Mohawk dealer and the style we previously purchased has been discontinued. I managed to find a style similar to our previous style at a few local dealers and Lowes. We ended up going with Lowes since the other local dealers were charging much more for the same carpet. Lowes' name for the style we selected is Pender -- it is a 47 oz. frieze.

Our carpet was installed this past weekend. The installers were prompt, professional, had 14 years of experience, and did a good job as far as I can tell. We used Mohawk's SmartCushion and are just as happy with this carpet as the one we purchased four years ago.

I spent many hours scouring posts for SmartStrand advice, and thought I would provide this feedback to help others who are in the market for carpeting.

Comments (3)