Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schwingie

Armstrong Luxe Vinyl Planks - any information?

schwingie
13 years ago

Hi,

I found this thread and wanted more information from anyone who's installed this product. There isn't a whole lot of reviews or info on this on the web except for the manufacturer's website.

I am thinking of purchasing this floating LVT for my 800 sq foot apartment.

My questions are:

1) how does it feel underfoot - does it feel realistic, or fake? like other vinyl sheet flooring? is it warm/springy or is it flat and cold?

2) how realistic does it look compared to other laminate and hardwood? i went to Home Depot this weekend to look at their Allure Trafficmaster vinyl planks and took a few samples home. I was disappointed by their look and texture. It looks really fake and unimpressive to me.

3) where can i find samples of this? i live in manhattan, nyc and it's really hard to find a retailer or showroom that carries this line.

4) anyone know or have seen the difference between their best line and their lower line?

5)is this product more scratch resistant than laminate? i have two cats in the apartment that run around chasing each other. i originally decided on LVT because of its water resistant and durable properties.

6) $$$ - if any of you can offer guidance on the pricing (i've seen it on fastfloors for 4.99/sq ft for the best collection). did you find any deals?

6) if any of you have pics, can you please post them so we can see? you would be doing the online community a big favor since there's little to no information on this from actual customers!

thanks so much for your help!

- nyc homeowner

Comments (5)

• bobntess
    13 years ago

I too am interested in The Armstrong Luxe plank. Not much info out there. The few who have posted their experiences seem to like it.
    I found a very good price online at Riverwoods Flooring but can't find enough info about them to risk all that money - almost too good to be true. Like you I found about $5.00 per sq. ft delivered for the best line to be about the best price. Locally I've found prices to be $5.50 and up and that's cash and carry.
    Hopefully someone who has experience with this product will chime in.

• escopazo_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I'm also looking at Luxe. Riverwoods was the cheapest quote by .50c. In looking further on them, I found they have the same address as a CarpetOne store (www.carpet1fortwayne.com), which only offers limited products, none being Armstrong. But I went onto the Armstrong site and typed in their zip of 46825 and CarpetOne was the first store to pop up, so they are a distributor.
    Once we get our samples we'll probably be ordering from them, unless you found it cheaper somewhere else, please pass on.

• nicoledohm
    8 years ago

Did either of you end up ordering your flooring from Riverswood in Indiana? I found the floor i want for $2 less with them! I want to order...but just nervous.

• maroper
    8 years ago

Riverwoods has also given me a very good price on Coretec Plus. Please, if you have any personal experiences with this company, there are several people that would appreciate knowing what it is.

• maroper
    8 years ago

I had been searching online for a less expensive price on my lvp flooring. Riverwoods flooring gave an excellent price but I could not find out anything about them. I did as much research as I could. I did find they had an excellent BBB score with no complaints. I called and talked to them a couple of times. They assured me they were a brick and mortar store and that the warranty would be valid. Although I have heard that the flooring companies will fight you on warranties citing an installation issue. Anyway, after much debate, I decided to take a chance. I ordered US Floors Coretec Plus LPV Carolina Pine. The price they quoted was $2.99 per sf. I ordered my flooring on a Saturday and it was delivered the next week. It came excellently packaged on a pallet. The boxes were name brand boxes with US Flooring on the outside of the boxes. We have not opened all of the boxes but the ones we did open, the flooring is perfect. No damage or nothing negative to report. So far, my experience has been excellent. So at this point, I would have to recommend them.