Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veloearl

Any opinions on Shaw Castlewood or Kentwood Originals / Elements?

veloearl
9 years ago

Both are engineered where the wear layer is face sawn, wire brushed and sealed with a matte finish. Pictures of both products and samples of the Kentwood product look exceptional for an engineered product, exactly what I am looking for.

http://shawfloors.com/hardwood-flooring-details/castlewood_oak_sw485-tallow

https://kentwoodfloors.com/us/products/brushed-oak-glace-bay

If not, any recommendations of quality products that have the same specs?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• JohnZ303
    9 years ago

Buckling and Warping Possible Installation Issue Acclimation and Not Defective Shaw Product??

Bryan McGlasson is the owner of a number of flooring, carpeting and hardwood companies in Colorado including Floor Covering Direct, Inc., Floors Free Inc. (855) 833-3733, and Direct Flooring & Design Inc. of Castle Rock/ Highlands Ranch (303) 471-2485. I contracted with Bryan McGlasson and Direct Flooring to install laminate flooring from Shaw in the ground floor of my townhouse in Colorado. Bryan McGlasson failed to properly acclimate the flooring product after delivery and before installation. I notified Bryan McGlasson that floor was beginning to warp at the seams. A few months after being installed, Bryan McGlasson had the manufacturer (Shaw Flooring) send a representative who inspected the defective flooring, and declared it to be a total loss due to severe buckling and warping to the point at which it was not usable because Bryan McGlasson failed to properly acclimate the product after delivery and before installation. A second credentialed flooring expert also perform testing on-site and determined that the flooring had warped to the point at which it was not usable because Bryan McGlasson failed to properly acclimate the product after delivery and before installation. Bryan McGlasson and Ryan McGlasson did not disclose to me at the time that they had lost their Shaw dealership rights due to non-payment. Bryan McGlasson and Ryan McGlasson would not stand behind their labor or materials warranty. If Ryan McGlasson, Bryan McGlasson or Floors Free, Inc. promise you any type of warranty, do not believe them. As the companyâÂÂs officers, they do not stand behind their work. Be smart. Check the Better Business Bureau BBB or other reviews and ratings (like this site) of your installer first!!!

• leighleigh27
    6 years ago

DO NOT BUY SHAW Castlewood Flooring!!! I just installed it in my entire home and the finish on it is paper thin. The slightest scratch removes the finish from it. It's like painting your fingernails and two days later the finish just scratches right off the surface. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!! I am so sad that I have such poorly manufactured flooring. I have purchased only Shaw Industry Hardwood Floor cleaner, a non beater bar vacuum cleaner, and a Shaw produced mop for the floor but nevertheless normal wear and tear (and I mean even within weeks of installation) simply removes the finish from these floors. BEWARE BEWARE...DO NOT BUY!!!!!