Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to transition carpet to laminate at top of stairs & landing?

Posted by mellody27 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 25, 09 at 15:41

We just got done putting laminate on our lower levels & want to put it in our upstairs & also landing. We have 6 stairs up leading to a landing & then another set of six stairs leading up to the upstairs. I was thinking about leaving the carpeting on the actual stairs, but I want laminate on the landing. What is the best way to do this?

If we cut off the bull nose & put a laminate bull nose will that mess up the stair tread width on the previous stair or does the new laminate bull nose make up the different in what we cut off?

The more I read about it online, the more confused I get lol. Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to transition carpet to laminate at top of stairs & landi

If your laminate bullnose has an inch to an 1 1/4" overhang you should be OK. Floating floors on a small landing is a little tricky because there is not enough weight to keep it in place when you pivot to up and down. One way is to almost eliminate the normal expansion space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here