Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you happy/unhappy with your Karndean vinyl floor?

Posted by alizacf (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 12 at 15:10

I need to replace my kitchen floor, I currently have laminate which I am not happy with. Previously I had a fantastic vinyl floor which I loved, held up for over 20 years. I don't think that company is around anymore. A friend has a Karndean floor (for 7 yrs) which she loves, she has lots of traffic and says it has held up very well. I got all excited about it till I read some very negative postings here.
Are there happy Karndean owners out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you happy/unhappy with your Karndean vinyl floor?

It is really not a maintenance free product. They always recommended polishing it. Thus why we never considered it a residential product. More for commercial use.

o

This floor is installed at a local hospital in the cafeteria. Very high traffic. It looks like a hickory wide plank. It has held up extremely well.

o

It is all a matter of consumer expectations. Some flooring products show use more than others. Consumers quickly forget that these products are walked on daily and that all flooring degrades from day one.

o

We had our kitchen floor done with a higher end Karndean in July, 2010. Visitors always mistake it for real wood or at least laminate. It still looks beautiful and is very easy to maintain. I finally got around to applying the Dim Glo stuff which is supposed to be a protective finish. I followed the directions and gave it two coats, but it did result in some hard to detect (but I can find them) smears, which I will have to eventually use their included stripper product to get off. They no longer make Dim Glo, which I am sorry I used. Overall we are very satisfied with our residential Karndean. I saw the installation which was done by professionals who used a heavy roller to set it in right. It is not a DIY product!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here