Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
knoel998

Fiberfloor by Tarkett: real-life experience :0)

knoel998
16 years ago

I have seen some info on the board regarding Fiberfloor...but does anyone have pics of this in their home? Are you happy with it so far? We're seriously considering installing it in our bathrooms. Any info appreciated...Thanks!

Comments (15)

• knoel998
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anyone? :)

• kurt_floors
    16 years ago

if you still have questions about FiberFloor, let me know

• pkguy
    16 years ago

I wouldn't mind hearing anyones experiences with this flooring. I saw it for the first time last evening when I was out looking for something to put down in a rental apartment. Says no gluing, lays flat, wondering about the wear though?

• knoel998
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes.....we're still considering it or Armstrong's Premier no-glue vinyl sheet flooring. We found a pattern we prefer in Armstrong's line, though. Thanks for any info (durability and installation especially).

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

kurt, I for one *definitely* have questions...there's a pattern in it my DD loves for her upcoming bathroom remodel. I've read various places online about installation issues and deformation over time--but some folks seem to have fine experiences with it. PLEASE share anything you can.

If you don't recommend it, what would you recommend in its place as far as an extra-thick cushy wet-area floor?

• kurt_floors
    16 years ago

I have heard very few stories about any deformation or bubbling problems. I have put in dozens of bathrooms of Fiberfloor without adhesive. The largest room that I've done without adhesive was a 12' x 27' heated sunroom. Generally, if the room is larger than a standard bathroom (8'x10'), I would recommend using adhesive(Tarkett vinylbond).
    Problems that I have heard about have been from glueless installations have been linked to poor quality caster chairs with heavier people. The quality of the wheels will make an emormous difference.
    I don't have any reservations about recommending either Tarkett Fiberfloor or IVC Flexitec vinyl. Both are very flexible, highly water resistant, durable and backed by strong companies.
    Both make different grades of each product. From thinner, lightweight to thicker, heavyweight styles.
    You always need to be realistic about your home and lifestyle before purchasing any floor. If you don't always take time to sweep or remove shoes, etc., don't skimp on the quality of the flooring.
    Tarkett uses a "GOOD" "BETTER" "BEST" performance rating on each of it's floors. If you buy from the "GOOD" category, you have to expect the floor not perform as well as one from the "BEST" category.
    I have been in this business for over 20 years, and have seen cushioned vinyl come and go over the years, but I believe the introduction of fiberglass to the market has all but eliminated the old felt back full-spread adhesive method in residential applications.
    Buy a quality fiberfloor that suites your lifestyle and you will be pleased.
    And even more pleased 10-15 years from now when it's time to replace that floor. No scraping up of the old vinyl.
    good luck
    feel free to email me with any futher questions or if you need specifics on any vinyl product.
    Kurt

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Kurt, thanks for your informative and encouraging answer. We have our eye on one of the "best" lines of fiberfloor, and I'm feeling very optimistic about using it because of your post. I will take you up on the offer at the end, in all probability :)

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

The IVC Flexitec has some *fabulous* very thick lines, now that I research it--I can't figure out where it's carried, though--seems that it's pretty easy to order online...has anyone seen it in person? (Kurt, I'm guessing you have :)) If so, where? I'll keep looking for local distributors.

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Kurt, if you happen to see this, I'd really appreciate any further information you can offer on IVC Flexitec thickness vs. Fiberfloor thickness--am I reading it right--is Flexitec really thicker? We're *finally* getting started on that project and I thank you in advance.

• kaelkriver
    16 years ago

My daughter was thinking of using it in their travel trailer to replace cracked vinyl. Any recommendations on using it in this venue, would be appreciated. By the way, I have seen Tarkett being sold at Menard's, and I'm in the Twin Cities area.

Thanks for any input.

• krisz
    16 years ago

I put Fiberfloor in a bedroom in my basement. I chose it because once every few years, the floor gets wet. The Fiberfloor is great because it can just be pulled up and put back. I bought the cork pattern and really like it. I have had it about 3 yrs.

• dognerak
    13 years ago

It's been quite awhile since this thread so am wondering what the long term experience is with the Tarkett Fiber Floor product. I want to do my whole basement in it since I think it will be warm and easy care. Is adhesive the way to go over a bigger area?

• MiRay
    10 years ago

We thought Tarkett flooring was the answer to our hurricane-riddled prayers! Lay it down, no adhesive...if it floods, pull it up, do your cleaning and put it back down! Amazing, right? WRONG!!! We had this flooring professionally installed in both my home and my mother's home. Both homes sit on approximately 3-4 feet high blocks (Southern Louisiana, it's a requirement LOL). After about 1 year of installation, the Tarkett had to be removed and discarded due to moisture buildup between the flooring and the subfloor. Not to mention, we had to pour even more money into our homes replacing the subfloor which obviously had rotted due to the moisture. We were not the only ones in our area to use and and have to remove this product. I cannot speak for basement or concrete floors, but definitely DO NOT install this product over a wood floor!!!

• Leah
    last year

I love Tarkett Fiber sheet flooring and looking forward to putting it on all the floors in our planned "aging in place" 700 sq ft small home. It feels good underfoot; not as cold as other flooring materials in (Idaho) winter. It does, indeed, come back up (allowing the sub flooring to dry) and goes back down beautifully. A slow undiscovered water leak under the master bath vanity necessitated the learning experience. We've had it in both bathrooms and through kitchen and dining area with no problems. Glueless installation all.

• Barbara Krzak
    5 months ago

I had Tarkett Fiber Floor in my last home. I have severe foot issues so put 1/2 inch pads (like you would use in a gym)under it. the seller told me that would void the warranty. I never had a single problem with it. I’m looking for it for my new home. It was not glued down.