Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcee12

Natural Flooring Cork Floors

Marcee Pauff
13 years ago

There weren't too many posts on here about cork flooring so I thought I'd add mine in case anyone is looking for answers.

After a ton of research, I ultimately went with Natural Cork's Earth Series Moreno Matte click-lock floating floor. So far, so good. Hubby notices some scratch marks when our 60lb. dog goes wild - but with the pattern, I don't find it noticeable. With a lighter color, it probably wouldn't be noticeable at all. It looks great, comfy to walk on and cleans up nicely.

If anyone has any specific questions for me, feel free to ask. Sorry for the blurry/dusty floor pictures.

Comments (3)

• pennies4penny
    13 years ago

Thanks for your post, Marcee. Your floors look fantastic, and the color pops without being too overwhelming. It definitely helps to visualize what the floors look like once they are in a "real" home, so your photos are greatly appreciated.

We are still trying to decide on our floors, and are now deciding between using cork or luxury vinyl in our kitchen area.

Did you install the cork throughout your whole house? What made you opt for cork instead of tile, wood, etc? It is hard to choose from so many options, and the more we research, the farther away we are from making a decision!

• Marcee Pauff
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So it's been a couple of years since I checked in on this forum; I apologize to those who may have emailed. I've since updated my profile and corrected my email address so I'm accessible again. To answer this question (though I'm sure I'm way too late), in case anyone else might be wondering, the cork is installed in all the main living areas (living room / dining room / kitchen / stairs and hallways) and master bedroom; the guest bedrooms are wood laminate and the bathrooms and laundry room are tile. In retrospect, with the 60lb beast of a dog, we may have been better off with hardwood, as the softer cork is quite easily scratched. However, as I said, with the pattern, it's less noticeable...but IIIII know it's there - and my husband doesn't shut up about it. I ultimately chose the cork because I wanted something unique; I also like its sound dampening qualities. Our main living area has high ceilings and there was a lot of echo before the cork.

Anyway, I'm back now, so if there are any further questions, I'd be happy to answer them. :)

• Joyce Brooks
    10 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up info on your cork floors. We have 4 dogs and you have saved me a lot of trouble and $ knowing about the scratches. Yours is very pretty and the scratches wouldn't bother me, but my DH would be like yours. I would never hear the end of it...

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!