Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have experience with high gloss laminate flooring?

Posted by missleah (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 8, 09 at 14:01

Will be building a new home soon and had my laminate flooring all picked out from builddirect.com until I found out they added some new high gloss laminate flooring that looks more like real hardwood. Has anyone ever used any brand of high gloss laminate before? Will is show scratches, dust and dirt more than a regular matte finish laminate? I am very curious since this is sort of a new product to the market and I love the high gloss look but not sure if it will hold up to my 3 kids and small dogs. Any suggestions and photos is much appreciated. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have experience with high gloss laminate flooring?

my friend installed in a new condo project. High gloss Armstrong I believe bought a Lowes. Looks fantastic. Comes in individual plank 4" wide so it looks like hardwood. From a practical aspect yes its going to show a lot more than other products. Since I used to be an Armstrong rep I asked about recoating or reinsihing and its impossible to do. If you bought engineered or prefinished hardwood you could have the gloss and the ability to recoat without resanding down the road. Generally the laminate is going to be more scratch resistant than some hardwood but anything can be scratched.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here