Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

flooring over basement slab

Happy new year all! SO, I started the new year today as I ended it yesterday-cleaning the wall-to-wall throughout the basement. One of our dogs has (again) had some sort of upset and he/she (not sure which one) chooses to leave the runny messes (sorry-too much info, I know) all over the carpet. I guess that is better than upstairs where the rugs are better and the floors hardwood :). Anyway, at this point I am sick of cleaning up and am wondering about replacing the carpet with tile, stone, or something else (possibly even new carpet). I need something that won't stain. I have neighbors who did install hardwood on their lower level, so I guess it can be done successfully nowadays. I would like that, but not sure how wise it is.

Does anyone have suggestions? Our library and a guest bedroom are down there, so I want it to be cozy, but I guess I could put down some cheap area rugs that could be sent out for cleaning if we don't use wall-to-wall.

Professional cleaning helps, but doesn't get rid of the stains completely. As you see, we have been through this before! Any ideas are more than welcome!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio