Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phobie_privett

Opinions on this carpet

Phobie Privett
9 years ago

I'd be forever grateful for your opinions on these carpets. I'm at my wits end and just want to make a decision already! My local stores have basically NO Mohawk products to choose from that aren't polyester. The ones have I have really liked (short friezes) seem to be really cheap carpet (i.e. can see the backing), so those are out, unless I am to drive 100 miles to look at Mohawk samples. That leaves Stainmaster. I went to Lowe's (gasp) just to get samples because they have the largest selection. I have narrowed it down to these three:

"Pet protect"-Soulmate
"Durable/family friendly"-Weddington
"Softest/Trusoft"-Private Oasis

Of course, NONE of the sample boards have any info on them, but I'm certain I only picked up samples that had at least a twist of 6, all nylon, and decent density. My ultimate concern is crushing. My kids are almost out of the house and I intend to get a multi-color that coordinates with dirt and coffee! Ha! So staining is not really an issue. I don't really care about softness, either.

Another question: I keep seeing references to Lowe's "versions" of carpet being on the cheap side, even if it is on the higher end. Is that going to be true if I have my dealer cross reference it to order the same carpet? These samples don't feel cheap at all. And will the dealer REALLY be able to get the same carpet as what I'm seeing from Lowe's?

Thanks in advance!!

I forgot to mention that I did find ONE Mohawk nylon that I kinda liked. It was from the Horizon collection: Country estate. But I can find absolutely NO info on it.

Comments (2)