Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dusty Concrete Basement Floor

Posted by claga (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 24, 12 at 11:49

Hi,
Our 1 year old homes' concrete basement floor is dusty and were wondering what is recommended to seal the floor and the prep work necessary to do it. There is some slight discoloration where the contractor must have laid down a 4'x8' piece of plywood. It's below grade with a bulkhead, the thought of power washing the floor and the amount of water used does not really appeal too me.
We do not want to paint it.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dusty Concrete Basement Floor

You can get a sealer and denisfier type product that will prevent the dusting - depending on how much of a sealed look you can also do other sealing coats.

I found a great site (garagejournal.com) that has a forum on flooring with lots of ideas - Most there seem to like epoxy floors, but many go for sealers and densifiers...

I used a densifier/sealer combo for my large garage floor/shop area to prevent dusting, make it stronger and in the future IF I want to I can burnish it or polish it...So far it is working great, but we have only been

Here is a link that might be useful: Garage Fourm Flooring

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here