Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vinyl plank in a bathroom?

Posted by jmt_boston (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 11:16

I am looking to replace old sheet vinyl in the bathrooms of a rental property. I've looked at big box stores and flooring specialty stores, but the options in sheet vinyl are pretty bad. All the stores are now pushing "luxury vinyl tile" (or plank) and the pattern options available are far better than in the sheet goods. I've read about the issues wirh the stick together plank, specifically the Trafficmaster Allure, but there hasn't been muck posted on the click-lock plank. Has anyone installed it in a bathroom (over a plywood subfloor in my case) and how has it held up? Any recommendations, thoughts or warnings? Also the stick together floor thread is quite old at this point, any more recent experiences, and how has it held up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vinyl plank in a bathroom?

You can get quality sheet vinyl at an independent flooring dealer. The only way I would put vinyl plank in a rental would be to glue it down with flooring epoxy. Messy, but permanent.

Have no comments on the products you mention, as I have no experience with them.

o

Just tile it...it'll last forever.

o

Hi, we have the Traffic Master Allure in both bathrooms with no problems. I want to say it's been in there around 5+ years or so, can't remember exactly when we installed it.

My daughter was a teen still living at home, and I have 2 sons using the downstairs shower now, one is 21, and the other 14 , and the floor is still holding up very well.

I've never seen the peeling up of edges that I hear so much about, and it's the easiest floor to clean too. We're planning to install it in the kitchen soon also.

Hope my experience helped you a little bit...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here