SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldhippiemomma

Deer Hunting

OldHippieMomma
10 years ago

I started to write a long drawn out post but realized it was more to get something off my chest. So, I'll just get straight to the point.

My husband & I live in a very rural area, just outside the city limits of town. We live on about 2 acres. The deer seem to like just hanging around in our yard. It's not uncommon to see anywhere from two to ten laying around.

Today, there was a doe and two young bucks laying in the lower portion of our yard. The neighbor boy (an older teen) came over and asked my husband if he would chase them into his yard so he could shoot one with his bow. My husband said no.

When the deer finally moved into his yard he aimed his bow at one. I told my husband i didn't want to know if he hit it.

I consider what he did to be poor sportsmanship. It's one thing to stalk a deer in the woods where the playing field is more level. What he did is like "shooting fish in a barrel".

Anyway, I just want to get some opinions about this. I probably won't say anything to him or his parents because my husband asked me not to but I am wondering if what he did was even legal (assuming he has a bow hunting license).

Comment (1)