Return to the Fish & Game Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fishing with Live Leatches.......

Posted by netshound (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 07 at 21:20

A friend of mine swears by leatches. I have only fished with lures, worms, and minnows. How do you fish with leatches and what do you catch on them? Is there a certain strategy thats best?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fishing with Live Leatches.......

I've never used them, but I'm told they're great as a bass and crappie bait.

o

I have used them. You use them similar to a nightcrawler.

They are supposed to be good for walleye. Though I've had better luck trolling with a rattle trap than using leaches.

o

I have fished with leaches, not much but I have just havent had any luck with them. Softcraws are killer bait, expensive, short season for those, cats loveem and I imagine bass too.

o

Ouch! Ive been bite by leaches when I was catching fish in the pond. I'm very excited to get those fish that I caught and I noticed there is an itchy and a little painful feeling down my feet and when I check it. A leach is biting me. I shouted and almost throw the fish out of my hand. From then on I never fish when there is a leach in the place. I just let others do the thing. I will just watch them and give the things which they are going to need. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fish & Game Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here