Return to the Fish & Game Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
April 29th...Panfish weekend fun

Posted by anya_101 (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 07 at 0:28

Panfish....The not so publicized group anymore. Fun to catch & great eating. Especially the crappie!
: )
Here is a few photos in an album of just the one days catch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/anya-101/Fish Game Nature/Image002.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Nice mess O' fishies

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: April 29th...Panfish weekend fun

You're right-- that's some good eatin you're holding there!! Unfortunately, panfish don't get very big up this way. I think the only fish I've ever caught that size is a white perch and a crappie-- both about a pound. Other than that, they're usually palm sized. I've been talking with someone in another forum here at GW who lives down south, and was talking about being used to catching bream a pound or better. Nevermind good eating-- that sounds like a great fight, especially on ultralight gear!!

o

Ya, it sure is Bill, least 2-3lb crappie are real fun to catch on ultra's & The bigger bluegill too.
I still think bass are my favorite on a fly pole though... Now thats a great fight! : )

o

Oh, and by the way... I am hearing that this is the year for the "17 year Cicadas" to reappear too. Already been finding a few early ones around here. They make the "Best" panfish bait. As soon as hook hits the water, Boom!
Would be great bait to use on big hybrids.

o

I'll bet!! Kinda reminds me of something I saw when I lived in South Florida. We were doing some tilework in a home on the water in Coral Gables, and at lunch time, one of the guys on the crew decided to show me something-- he chased down one of the millions of geckos running around, and tossed it into the water. This thing started running across the water like it's tail was on fire..... for about 15 feet. All of the sudden there was an EXPLOSION on the surface of the water, and that gecko was history.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fish & Game Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here