Return to the Fish & Game Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spinning Reel advice

Posted by hummersteve (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 8, 08 at 2:19

I have long fished with the cheap zebcos , but now want to move up to a spinning reel with ball bearings and I have been studying several different popular makes for several months and about the time I think I want a certain one I read a review about someone who was dissappointed with that one. So now Im out here in lala land and cant decide. I know all the popular brands shimano, daiwai, pfluger, okuma and have studied them all,,,but. Help me make up my mind, please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spinning Reel advice

i own several different types of spinning reels however they all carry the same name DAIWAI they have been with some of them for Over 30 years and still work great... whatever brand you choose just remember one thing if you buy a 39 dollar reel that is what you are going to get my most expensive reel is 199 dollar reel and it is the best reel i have ever used ... also it depends on what you are fishing for too different reels for different fish.

o
RE: Spinning Reel advice

I've got all kinds of spinning reels, from Shakespeare to Pflueger. I take ten of them every time I hit the water for a tournament, and of those ten, 4 of them cost me between 90 and 120.00. My favorites? The Shakespeare Catera or Sigma reels. Either one will do just as well as my expensive reels, and my first Sigma, as of this coming season, will be 14 years old (bought april of 95). I won't ever spend the money on another expensive spinning reel again. 35-40.00 for a Shakespeare (so long as it's got positive anti-reverse), and I'm happy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fish & Game Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here