Return to the Fish & Game Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bass fishin' in January, Florida style!

Posted by nova (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 7, 07 at 19:09

Temps in the 80's today, humidity off the charts but a "cool" front due tomorrow. Worked in the yard most of the day and decided to wet a line this evening. Due to our drought conditions getting the boat out is a chore so I decided to bank fish alittle. Well it paid off! Check out this honey -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Six pounds and a little bit after a half hour of casting! I love my backyard! nova

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bass fishin' in January, Florida style!

Very nice Bass Nova. There are days when I'd rather bank fish then use my boat. Either way, I always have a nice time just being out. Great you got a chance to do so this time of year. I hope this next week, (weather provided) I too will be out getting an early start on some fishing. They seem to taste better coming out of the colder water.

o

Thanks anya! I hope your weather permitted you to get out this week and catch a nice one. I let that ole girl go after taking her picture because they are trying to go on bed already! We usually only keep the 2 to 3 pounders for dinner. Since the lake is spring fed the water stays pretty cool year round and, yeah, I think the bass that come from the cooler water taste better too! nova

o

NOW yer just tryin ta pi$$ me off!! :-)

Sweet PIG!!

o
Post Script

You might want to psot that one and show it off!! Below is the link for Charlie Moore's site's home page. Click on the "Big Fish Link", and it'll take you to some fine pics, and a way to add yours to the list.

Here is a link that might be useful: charliemoore.com

o

Thanks for the website Bill! Lots of cool pictures. I do think I will wait for a little bigger one to come along before I post there tho! I caught that one on the first time I wet a line in about 3 months [hunting season gets in the way of fishing! I hate it when that happens!] nova

o

Pretty sweet!! Lets see if you can keep UP that average!!

o

Well, my club had our monthly meeting night before last, and we got our club tournament schedule. I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is one of our tourneys is on a lake where the boatramp's not 3 minutes from my house.

The bad news is one of our tourneys is on a lake where the boatramp's not 3 minutes from my house.

Last time I was on that lake, I took half the casing off my lower unit (and one of the blades off my prop) at 35 miles an hour on a rock sitting just 4" below the surface in 17 feet of water!! I think I'll be fishing that one as a non-boater!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fish & Game Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here