Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas Fireplace Won't Light

Posted by nikkademus (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 17, 09 at 23:42

I have a Vermont Casting gas fireplace. I don't know what model it is or how old, it was here when we bought the house 1 year ago. We've been using the fireplace daily since mid-November with the pilot always lit. When I checked it yesterday the pilot was off and I could not get the fireplace to light. When the pilot light switch is not on I can see a spark being made by the ignition. When the pilot light switch is pushed down I can hear the gas and smell it, but the ignition won't make a spark. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas Fireplace Won't Light

If you go to the first page of the Fireplaces forum, where the titles of the posts are listed, you can scroll down and find a search box. Do a search on "pilot" and start reading. You should find something.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here