Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Harman XXV - Confused

Posted by basicjim (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 23:19

I just got a new XXV and did the installation myself.

I am a bit confused on the operation and that may be due to my misconceptions. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a extremely open floor plan in my 2100 sq/ft house. My propane fireplace can heat the whole house. The first night I set the thermostat for 75 (room temp setting with temp probe) and the feed rate at 5. The house was at about 72 until the 40 lbs of pellets were gone (9 hrs later).

It seems like the stove is always running and always feeding. I timed it out and the feeder goes for 25 seconds and then is off for 35 seconds. Even when I adjust the temp setting down, it doesn't ever kick off. The temp probe has a pos and a neg. Does it matter which goes in which spot on the back?

I put the stove in "Stove Temp" mode to see if it did what I expected. When I turn it down, should the stove turn off (I have it in automatic) or should it just slow down the feed?

Just trying to get this thing running right and efficient. Any tips on getting this thing dialed in would be GREATLY appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here