Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
basicjim

New Harman XXV - Confused

basicjim
14 years ago

I just got a new XXV and did the installation myself.

I am a bit confused on the operation and that may be due to my misconceptions. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a extremely open floor plan in my 2100 sq/ft house. My propane fireplace can heat the whole house. The first night I set the thermostat for 75 (room temp setting with temp probe) and the feed rate at 5. The house was at about 72 until the 40 lbs of pellets were gone (9 hrs later).

It seems like the stove is always running and always feeding. I timed it out and the feeder goes for 25 seconds and then is off for 35 seconds. Even when I adjust the temp setting down, it doesn't ever kick off. The temp probe has a pos and a neg. Does it matter which goes in which spot on the back?

I put the stove in "Stove Temp" mode to see if it did what I expected. When I turn it down, should the stove turn off (I have it in automatic) or should it just slow down the feed?

Just trying to get this thing running right and efficient. Any tips on getting this thing dialed in would be GREATLY appreciated!