Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjk2149

Fireplace inserts

sjk2149
14 years ago

We recently had installed a Country Flame to replace the one we had. It had been a work horse, keeping our 1,800sf home toastie. As we are older the warmer the better. It was installed in July 09 and we started using it this November. The temps here dropped to 9 degrees and our instert going full till only kept our home at fifty degrees. As we paid 3,800 installed we expected to at the very least to stay warm. I contacted the Company where we bought it and discused what was going on. His reply was that I now own a 'used unit' and there wasn't much he could do. He admited he had never seen the size of my home( my living room alone is 16x33) and that if he had he never would have sold us the unit he did. As it will only keep one forth of my home warm do to the size. He had sent his installers out who sold us the unit. I contacted the BBB and made a complaint, which really made him angry. He said for another 3,500 AND a new liner we can get the size insert we need. Our liner is 6" and he said we will need a 8". Other than that he will 'keep' me in mind if a used Buck comes in that meets our needs.

So all together this man wants a total of around 7K from us. We live on a fixed income thus the wood heat. My husband is blind, diabetic and we both are freezing with winter just starting. Even our little dog's fur is cold when you touch it! Are there any agencies that anyone knows of that can help us resolve this issue with this company? We think he took advantage of us and now wants even more money! Freezing in Missouri.

Comments (4)