Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have an electric fireplace that looks like a built in?

Posted by mom2-3boys (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 31, 09 at 18:58

I have a house without a fireplace:( I'm thinking of getting an electric one and having bookcases built in the side to make a "Built in" look. I would also like to have my flat screen t.v sit on top or be mounted abouve the fireplace. Any suggestion? I can picture what I want in my mind just don't know how to do it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have an electric fireplace that looks like a built in?

Come on peeps!!! Help a girl out will ya??

o

We have two electric fireplaces and we love them! If you are painting the fireplace/bookshelves you could have it caulked together and then painted, if you're not painting though just bring the bookcases right next to the fireplace or cover any gaps with molding. They plug in right behind themselves so if you can put it in front of an outlet you won't see a cord or anything. Some people even make hearths out of tile. Dimplex is the best brand in general, though neither of ours are dimplex and they are just as believable as can be (make sure if you get a different brand that you see it working with the lights off, some of these things are crazy tacky!) good luck!

o

Yes I am going to paint it ... I found a dimplex on craigs list in oak finish I think if I prime and paint it it will look good. Thanks for the advise :)

o

Anyone else? sure could use some pictures for insperation!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here