Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
delay in fireplace blower coming on?

Posted by abbey_cny (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 18:14

There is a delay with my fireplace blower coming on. I use the remote control (green smart, fireplace xtrordinaire), and when I put the blower on there is at least a 5 minute delay before it comes in. I checked the manual, and couldn't find any info. I was wondering if the fireplace has to reach a certain temperature before the blower will come on?

Thanks!

Abbey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: delay in fireplace blower coming on?

Yes it does. The fireplace has a sequence of safety measures in place to ensure proper operation. For example the thermocouple (thermometer) that is positioned next to the pilot flame must first reach a certain preset temperature before a signal is given to the gas safety shut off valve before the valve is allowed to open providing gas to the burner. This ensures that the pilot is lit. If the valve were to open without a pilot flame it would fill the chamber with raw gas.

The same goes for the fan, the complete sequence has to be made then a second electronic instrument then gives permission for the fan switch to come on that allows the fan to start. There is a time delay for the fan to ensure everything is as is should be, we certainly don't want the fan to be blowing carbon monoxide into the room.

o
RE: delay in fireplace blower coming on?

Thank you so much SouthernCanuck! I wish the manual had spelled it out as nicely as you did but if if it did I couldn't find it.

Abbey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here