Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsbridges_gw

valor gas fireplaces

mrsbridges
16 years ago

can anyone recommend this brand or more importantly not recommend it? we are looking at the one with the coal fireplace look, sort of hooded.

thanks

Comments (11)

• SeattlePioneer
    16 years ago

I've done repairs on Valor fireplaces. Generally they are pretty reliable and of good quality. The ones I've worked on have been a pretty nice, simple design--- which is good.

They tend to have a lot of specialty parts, but on the other hand the only thing that went bad with them was a burned out thermocouple or a bad wiring harness to the limit switch --- and they improved the wiring harness.

I'd consider getting one myself if I were in the market.

• verynewcook
    16 years ago

I have had that very Valor fireplace for over 8 years and I love it. It is the most used appliance in my house.

• moose_2007
    16 years ago

We moved into our house 12 years ago. It has a Valor fireplace insert upstairs. It is an uncomplicated device, throws out tons of heat and is the main heat source for that floor. We're in the process of building a house, a rancher with a walkout basement. We'll have a woodstove downstairs and I'm making sure that we have another Valor upstairs in the great room!

• epiccycle
    16 years ago

I've had a Valor fireplace insert for about 3+ years, trouble free. Things I love about my fireplace:

-It's looks. The cast iron facade looked better to me than most others I saw.

-Remote control. Hasn't failed me yet and so easy!

-Radiant heat. They make a big deal about how their fireplaces are designed to radiate plenty of heat without a fan. Creative marketing? I dunno, but it works as promised. I have a small cape with the fireplace in the center of the house and the idea of a more gentle radiant heat was appealing. If you have a large space and want to pump the heat out, fans are an option (at least they were three years ago!)

• kathyp315
    12 years ago

we have had the Valor Madrona for about 3 years and have had lots of problems. It was installed in a seasonal cottage so it has very limited usage. We hadn't used it for more than a year before it stopped working. The Reset Box (holds the batteries) showed considerable damage from heat and batteries were damaged as well. The nearest dealer was 8 miles beyond his travel area so we had to dismantle the whole fireplace and take it to HIM! He kept it for about 7 month, repaired it by replacing the entire working mechanisms as they were "fried"! We had serious carbonization on the inside of the glass and the logs. Bear in mind that this fireplace is used, maybe, 3 months out of the year!. Now after being idle for 5 months, the cottage is being opened for the 2012 summer season. We have used the fireplace for about 2 days now and just yesterday it stopped worked again. It appears that the battery box has damage again!!! Is it that we have a "lemon" for a fireplace? I don't look forward to having to pull this thing out once again. We wanted a fireplace that didn't require this much work!!!

• Damon Gold
    3 years ago

I paid over $6000.00 for a Valor Madrone gas fireplace which was installed by a Valor dealer here in Lake Tahoe CA. 10 months ago. i never seemed to work correctly and i thought perhaps it was me not being familiar with the new controller. back in july I was preparing for winter “just in case” and low and behold my brand new gas fireplace did not work 🤬 I spent 3 days with Valor Tech support (sorry alex i’m calling you out) and we determined it was a bad unit. it’s now october (3 months later) and Valor has not sent out the replacement module. my house is now in danger of freezing and bursting pipes. this company and its dealers does not support its cheap Chinese made products! beware of them and do not waste your money!! I will be posting my outrage with these criminals on every media outlet i can find!

• jnp772
    3 years ago

I too bought a brand new Valor insert and it never worked right. The installer blamed everyone else and I had to get Valor involved. 1 year later and it still does not work. I would recommend you stay away from Valor products.

• Joel Thornton
    3 years ago

Stay away from Valor. We have a G4 Legend insert, installed 2019, stopped working after 1.5yrs of very limited use. Local Valor service rep replaced a part, worked for 2 weeks, then stopped working again. $250 each service call. We had a Napolean for 10 years, no problems.

• tjhostenske
    2 years ago

HAve a Valor fireplace and after less than three years needed to replace the remote sensor in the fireplace which cost $300.

• 123comet
    2 months ago

my valor G4 fireplace is 3 years old. When its cold out or windy it wont start up.

Installer been here says box gets cold and there is cold air coming in vent.

So they cant fix it. I spent alot of money for no ambiance, Seek another brand.

I want to use it for supplemental heat but can not.

• PRO
    myworkshed.net
    last month

I am reluctant to give bad reviews to anyone, we all have bad days… but even in temperate berkeley, ca i am having trouble getting this valor unit lit.

I have installed and recommended numerous gas fireplaces. I have another brand in another area of my home. Two service calls so far… 3rd service call soon. I will update the results.

Oren