Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bulldogge_gw

Best Direct Vent Insert for Propane

bulldogge
10 years ago

I'm hoping someone has some thoughts / ideas. We want to replace our old propane logs with a direct vent insert. Our current brick fireplace has an arch that we want to keep. We've looked at a few units including the Regency Excalibur EX-E33, Fireplace xtrordinair 34 DVL GSR2, Mondeta FV44i , and Valor Legend G4. Any recommendations for propane?

We decided against Regency and we were set on the Mondeta FV44i, but have been told that although they're great with natural gas, they have some issues with propane. The Valor has the lowest BTU rating, but seemed to run the hottest in the store. The store also told me that they run the best with propane and come from the factory
for use with propane so no kit is required. They said they have both Natural Gas and Propane versions of their units. With the Valor we can also get a custom front from the store we were at that would fit right into our exiting fireplace opening.

So right now we're leaning towards the Valor, but up until we saw them in the store I hadn't come across them doing any research. Does anyone have any experience with Valor and thoughts about comparing them against the others we've looked at?

Thanks in advance for any help, insight, etc, anyone can provide!

Comments (2)