Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newhome09

Lennox Vs. Heatilator

newhome09
15 years ago

I'm curious if anyone would recommend either Lennox or Heatilator fireplaces. We're building a new home and this is the first gas fireplace we've bought. I can't seem to find any information on which brands are supposed to be the best. I do want to get some heat out of it, but it doesn't need to be furnace rated. I'd also like something that has a nice somewhat realistic looking fire. Any suggestions?

Comments (3)

• davej_07
    15 years ago

My home was built 9 years ago with a Lennx wood fireplace with a gas-log insert. After a few years I wound up taking out the gas 'guts' and now use it as a wood fireplace. With the blower on I get alot of heat out of it and theres just something about a real fire. My suggestion would be to do something similar, you never know when you can save some heating cost with wood.

Dave

• SeattlePioneer
    15 years ago

Both Lennox and Heatilator are good equipment. I have a bias towards Heatilator myself, but that's probably pretty arbitrary.

I'd look carefully for a good retailer and installer rather than worrying too much about which is better between these two brands.

• fire_bug
    15 years ago

Hi New Home,
    I don't know much about Lennox models, butI do know certain models earned the "Goodhousekeeping Seal Of Approval". Take this for what it is worth.
    I do know about Hearth & Home Products Inc. first hand. They are the parent company for Heatalator, Heat & Glow,Quadrafire,and now, Harmon Stoves.
    I have a Heat&Glow Fb Grand Fireplace Insert that has been nothing but a headache. Most the problems originated from poor,sloppy, design of the unit and REALLY POOR QUALITY CONTROL.
    I have heard that Heat&Glow was a very good company at one time and they made decent products, but now the company has gone down hill. I was told this by several dealers that use to carry their product line.
    I do agree with with Seatle Pioneer, in that, finding a GOOD DEALER & INSTALLER are a key factor to consider in your purchase.
    My advice, stay far away from a Hearth & Home Inc. Product, they do not take care of their customers after you purchase one of their products.
    Good Luck,
    John (Fire_Bug)