Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old timer wood stove

Posted by rick2752 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 20, 05 at 16:39

I havent really researched the quadrafires but have a few questions. I have looked at like the fireplace extraordinaire. They told me they have a 10hr burn time. I currently have an Old Timer woodstove that works great. I get a good 8 to 10 hr burn out of it. What are the benefits of the newer stoves? The reason Im asking is I was given the Old Timer and it is to small for my house. It does an O.K. job assisting the propane furnace. Thanks in advance.

Rick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old timer wood stove

I think the main benefits are they're more efficient and produce less pollution. In some areas where there's a lot of particulate pollution, the authorities have tried to discourage wood stove use. But the newer wood stoves don't run afoul of the clean-air laws.

I'm no expert, tho, so take the above FWIW.

o

Can I reduce vent pipe diameter from 8 inches to 6 inches as I penetrate roof?

o

Does anyone have any idea about installing a wood burning stove in a fireplace? We have removed the existing fireplace and all the faux rock and hearth so I am down to a four foot by eight foot hole in my wall, back to the chimney box. I have a wood burning to stove to go in the spot once we have it properly prepped. How far up the wall do I install tile? Do I install vapor barrier over the visible insulation? Can I use regular sheet rock to put the tile on or do I need *wonder board* (masonry board)? I have a professional individual to install the stove so that is not the issue...I just need to get the prep work done.

o

i have old enterprise 2burner stove the ovel pipe right off stove is not there

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here