Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
See-through fireplace

Posted by aswansonid (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 15:44

Does anyone have any experience with the Lennox Montebello see-through fireplace? We are looking at installing it for indoor/outdoor use and are curious about efficiency... not information much out there. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: See-through fireplace

I dug around looking for info on the montebello. There are specs about efficiency in the product information (AFU number or something like that) if thats the type of efficiency you mean. If you mean as a window to the great outdoors as you plan to use, its wind tested but again to find the document that gives the results you have to do a bit of digging. My understanding is tho it passes a minimum rating for air infiltration as a window. I wouldn't expect energy star type of performance however.

Heres a link for a PDF that seemingly is intended for Lennox dealers, I found it gave the most specific information regarding air tightness testing. Hope it helps, sorry didn't see this sooner..don't frequent the fireplaces section much.

I have spec'd this unit myself but I can't speak to personal use and probably won't be able to until next winter (spring completion)

Here is a link that might be useful: Montebello See Through Launch kit document

This post was edited by niteshadepromises on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 6:15

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here