Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buckeye_brian

Creasote leaking...?

buckeye_brian
16 years ago

I built my house 3-yrs ago. I have a Yukon Eagle IV dual fired furnace. I also have a fireplace with separate flue in same chimney. The chimney is solid masonry units with real stone on outside (4" to 6" thick). Both flues are 13" clay. They both burn very well. The fireplace will run you out of the room it draws so well.

My problem is my furnace flue leaks creasote down my wall in basement? I have attempted to burn the most seasoned wood I can find. I have been working out of town for a long time now...so I haven't been able to cut my own wood. My supplier(s) sware the wood is completely seasoned...but it still leaks where my furnace pipe enters into the basement wall into chimney flue. The wood looks seasoned. It doesn't have sap running out of it or seam heavy with excessive water in it. It looks like good wood!

The wood I have been burning is cherry, oak, locust, ash and hedge. I am sure there is 5 or 6 others they have thrown in as well.

I have been burning wood my entire life and never had this much trouble with cresote.

Anybody have any advice?

Comment (1)