Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermostat and Pellet Stove

Posted by chapru (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 31, 07 at 11:55

I recently purchased a Timber Ridge (Englander) 55 (1500 sq ft)automatic start pellet stove for my 1000 sq. ft. cottage. The stove starts up and runs just great, but even on the lowest setting (heat - 1, bower - 1), it will heat the inside up to 75 degrees, blowing us out. As a result, I'm only getting 15-16 hours out of a bag of pellets. I would like to keep it around 68, which would also make the pellets last longer.
I was considering buying a wall thermometer for the unit. My understanding is that it will not regulate the temperature, only the pellet flow to the burn pot.
Does anybody have experience with these thermometers or with the stoves. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thermostat and Pellet Stove

I own an Englander stove which is operated with a thermostat. The only time I have ever had difficulty with it getting too warm in the house was when the outside temperature went up to 50-55 degrees. What I had to do is push the low fuel feed button and lower the feed rate to 3. If you try to lower this setting too much the only thing that will happen is the stove will go out because it's not getting enough pellets to sustain a fire. This was recomended to me by the customer service department at Englander Stove Co. Hope that this helps.

o
RE: Thermostat and Pellet Stove

Thanks Biss. I already lowered the feed rate to 1 and the blower to 1. I guess I'm spoiled by my Harman 68 at the house.
Do you have the standard thermostat recommended by Englander? If so, is it true that it works by feed rate and will not turn itself off and on according to the themperature setting? Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here